Halloween Safety Tips
Safety Tips for Halloween
Halloween is approaching! With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing, we want to offer guidance and information regarding how to have a safe (but still fun!) Halloween.
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) has several recommendations for low- and moderate-risk activities to allow children to remain safe while still having the fun and excitement that comes with Halloween.
Lower Risk Activities include:
- Carving pumpkins with your family or outside with others, at a safe distance.
- Doing a Halloween scavenger hunt, keeping a safe distance from others outdoors.
- Having an at-home trick-or-treating activity, where your children find hidden candy around the home or from family members.
Moderate Risk Activities include:
- Trick-or-treating where children can grab individually wrapped goodie bags of candy from the end of driveways or edge of yards.
- Go to a haunted forest with one-way paths and social distancing.
For more information about having a safe & fun Halloween during COVID-19, visit CDC.gov: https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2021/9/30/22699031/trick-or-treating-cdc-updates-halloween-covid-rules
With a little preparation, communication, and diligence, Halloween can be a safe and enjoyable evening for all. Of course, we will be on patrol and available to you and your children should you need us. As always, dial 911 in case of an emergency.
Thank you for your cooperation.